The following are exempted from payment:
- Children under 16 years of age.
- Adults that qualify under (a), (b), (c), (d) and (e) under the above subtitle ‘Payment’.
- Those in possession of the Senior Citizens Card (Kartanzjan) do not pay for their first course (however all subsequent courses applied for during the scholastic year 2015- 2016 will need to be paid for).
- Applicants who, due to social reasons, declare that they cannot afford the relevant fee, have to apply in person and not through the online service. They will then need to fill in and sign the necessary form, which is to be verified and approved by the Director for Lifelong Learning after consultation with the Department of Social Services.
- Applicants who feel they are entitled to payment exemption require permission to be issued by the appropriate Board within the Ministry for Education and Employment. This exemption has to be obtained before the course commences, otherwise payment will be required. If the exemption is received after the payment is made, the applicant will be entitled to a payment refund. Applicants will need to acquire this Exemption Form and apply at the Ministry’s Board.
The payment for applicants is as follows: Applicants who are:
(a) citizens of Malta; or
(b)citizens of other Member States of the European Union who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters of employment by virtue of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
(c) citizens of any other country who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment by virtue of the application to that country of EU legislation and treaty provisions dealing with the free movement of workers; or
(d) any other persons who are entitled to equal treatment to Maltese citizens in matters related to employment in terms of the law or the above-mentioned EU legislation and treaty provisions, on account of their family relationship with persons mentioned in paragraph (a), (b) or (c); or
(e) third country nationals who have been granted long-term resident status in Malta under regulation 4 of the ‘Status of Long-Term Residents (Third Country Nationals) Regulations, 2006’ or who have been granted a residence permit under regulation 18 (3) thereof, together with family members of such third country nationals who have been granted a residence permit under the Family Reunification Regulations, 2007.
Will pay the following fees:
Short Courses (14 weeks or less) €18.63
Courses of approximately 32 weeks €34.94
Courses that lead to the Intermediate Level and/or Advanced or Level 4 €46.59
Applicants who do not fall into any of the above categories will need to pay double the amount indicated; for instance, for Short Courses, the payment due would be €37.26.
Once you have made your payment, please keep a printed copy of your receipt to show to the tutor on the first day of attendance of each course. Learners will not be allowed to attend the course without the receipt.
No refund will be granted except when changes are made directly by the Directorate. A course may be held, or terminated, at the discretion of the Director for Lifelong Learning, in which case the applicant is entitled to a full refund pro-rata, provided that they are not the cause for the termination of the course in question.